For nearly 20 years Air Spectrum has been the UK`s market-leader in advanced industrial odour control equipment and dust suppression equipment. These we manufacture at our site in Worcester UK where we also blend specialised liquid odour neutralisers and dust suppresion additives.
As odour control experts we supply the most complete and thorough Odour Consultancy Service available through our Odour Testing and Calibration Laboratory services, Site Odour Assessment, Sampling & Analysis and Odour Dispersion Modelling reports, including topographical and meteorological data.
Air Spectrum is accredited with the quality standards accreditation ISO 9001, the international environmental standard ISO 14001 accreditation and the recognized International Standard ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accreditation for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
Environmental Sales & Business Development Manager
We are a leading accredited Air Quality & Environmental Consultancy based in the West Midlands.
We are growing and are now looking to recruit an experienced Sales & Business Development Manager to proactively drive the growth of the Company’s Environmental Services, in air quality monitoring and compliance. This is a homebased position with occational travel to our offices in Worcester.
The role holder will achieve this by building critical relationships with existing clients and prospective customers that will generate sales and continuous income for the business. The appointed candidate will work closely with the Board in the strategic development of the market offerings of the Environmental Services in support of the overall Business Strategy.
As the company offers specialised services, the ideal candidate will have previous sales experience in environmental services and/or environmental consultancy and some knowledge of air quality and emissions monitoring.
They will be personable, flexible and able to adapt to represent the Company in a professional, ethical and competent manner. This is a permanent position based at home with occational travel to our offices in Worcester. You will be required to travel across the UK. We are offering a competitive salary with additional bonus.
- Meeting and where possible exceeding sales targets for Environmental Services
- Preparation of proposals and tenders for Environmental Services together with supporting documentation
- Building and maintaining relationships with both existing and potential clients
- Liaising with clients/contacts, performing site visits and creating Site Reviews and Site-Specific Protocols
- Defining appropriate sampling and analysis methodology (with the support of our technical consultants)
- Management of the sales pipeline for Environmental Services, including generation of monthly and quarterly sales plans
- Customer service as per business/sales strategy
- Attending relevant seminars, exhibitions and conferences
- Maintaining up to date records on CRM and financial systems
- Proven sales experience in environmental services or environmental consultancy, demonstrating an aptitude to grow sales at both existing and new accounts
- A science graduate with strong scientific and technical credentials preferred, however experience will be considered
Some or all of the following are required for this position:
- Solid knowledge of the environmental sector
- Experience in Air Quality regulation, measurement and permitting
- Proven experience of developing sales strategies in accordance with business plans
- Previous management experience would be beneficial
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Location: Home Based, with UK travel
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: Competitive with additional bonus
Jobs with us
We are proud of our status as a leading environmental services business and we are actively seeking:
- Experienced Production and Installation Engineers – due to continued growth in Sales
- Senior Account Managers with experience of the Waste Industry & Waste Water/Utilities Sectors – to manage and grow existing blue chip accounts.
We also welcome applications from experienced candidates, graduates and students, in the following sectors;
- Sales and Marketing
- Business support
If you’re interested in registering for any positions that we are recruiting in Odour control for please submit a resumé of your work experience and qualifications, together with salary expectations.
If you would like to join our team, but do not see a position currently advertised that would match your expertise or talents, please register here and we will notify you when we have a suitable role to fill.